Are you an accounting professional who is committed to a career in taxation with a dynamic personality looking to take that next step in your career? Do you have at least four years of public accounting experience with at least two years specifically in tax? We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious tax professional looking to grow into a manager role.
Who we are:
Prasad & Company LLP is a public accounting firm based in Thornhill, Ontario with a secondary location in Vancouver, BC. We pride ourselves in being a family-style boutique practice which allow partners, managers, and staff alike to work closely with clients in a full range of services including business advisory, assurance, tax preparation, and estate and business succession planning.
We equally pride ourselves in the dedication to the well-being of our employees. We offer flex hours, a health spending account, in-house massage days, three weeks base vacation, a competitive compensation package, many bonus programs, opportunities to join committees where your voice is heard; where you can shape and develop policies/procedures or initiatives within the firm, and so much more.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for the completion of Canadian and US tax engagements by computing taxes owed, preparing corporate tax returns (and other compliance slips), preparing year-end tax forms (T4s/T5s), calculating and reviewing share capital, and ensuring compliance with government standards;
- Prepare basic tax reorganizations including engagement planning, the collection of data, the development of step plans and building direct client relationships;
- Participate in the review legal documents such as articles of incorporation, purchase agreements and amalgamation agreements;
- Correspond with clients and various government agencies to address tax compliance issues;
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement;
- Investigate and correct discrepancies/ irregularities in financial entries, documents and reports;
- Develop and apply knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act and related legislation;
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing tax returns and other work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members;
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable;
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes;
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team.
- At least four years of relevant work experience in public accounting, with two years of work experience in taxation;
- Experience in the preparation of domestic tax compliance as well as research and documentation of tax issues;
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act;
- Advanced knowledge of ASPE, CAS and Canadian review standards;
- Completion of Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or completion of CFE examination and working towards relevant practical experience requirements;
- Intention or willingness to enroll, or currently enrolled in the CICA In-Depth Tax Course (tuition reimbursement is negotiable);
- Team player with excellent communication skills;
- Strong self-starter with strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Proficiency in CaseWare, Jazz IT, Profile and Microsoft Office.
Do you think you would be a great addition to our team? Do you meet all the requirements for this role? If yes, we would love to hear from you!
We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted