Our client, a leader in the commercial brokerage industry,
is currently seeking a Corporate Accountant. This newly created role is ideal for
a seasoned bookkeeper with corporate experience.
This brokerage firm boasts an incredible heritage based on humanity, integrity and performance.With a growing team of over 90 employees at three locations, the firm continues to develop and evolve while building a community of enjoyment and strong bonds.
The Ideal candidate for the Corporate Accountant role is someone who enjoys working with a team, is a great collaborator and defines themselves by their integrity and performance, above the requirements listed below.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years experience in Accounting and Payroll, with at least 2 years of full-cycle Canadian payroll experience;
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Payroll or Accounting recommended.
Must have working experience of QuickBooks;
Expert user in MS Excel, MS Word;
Minimum Payroll Compliance Practitioner, PCP, or Finance Designation is an asset;
Knowledge and skills
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Effective analytical, assessment, organizational skills;
- A proven track record of executing and delivering on self initiated objectives;
- Impeccable attention-to-detail, accuracy and prioritization skills;
- A strong ability to multi-task within a fast paced, high volume, demanding environment;
- Critical thinking and analytical skills with a focus on problem solving and continuous improvement.
Initiative and ability to manage change;
Comprehensive and advanced level knowledge of Canadian payroll requirements;
High level of integrity with the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism;
Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team and throughout the organization;
- Full Cycle Bookkeeping: banking, A/P and A/R, payroll, government remittances, month-end closing, accruals, adjusting entries and internal financial statements; Process bi-weekly payroll for salaried employees;
- Preparation of T4/T5s slips and payroll, and EHT remittances;
- Complete weekly commission runs for agents, including general chequing and commission trust account reconciliation, update house contributions, create paystubs and memos;
- Maintain correspondence with agents and outside brokers regarding invoices, payments and commissions;
- Process AP and AR on weekly basis: preparing and posting invoices, processing payments, printing cheques and communications with clients and vendors;
- Bank accounts reconciliation, deposit commission cheques and trust deposit cheques;
- Government remittances filing;
- Preparation of monthly financial statements;
- Complete month end journal entries and accruals;
- Reconciling various balance sheet general ledger accounts;
- Preparing year-end financial package for tax returns and audit purposes;
- Monitor internal controls and ensure compliance.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity please forward your resume to email@example.com
Prasad & Company LLP welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.